Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lotusphere 2010: Lotus User Group BOF

Yesterday, I attended the BOF session on Lotus user groups. I am glad that the interest for Lotus user groups is growing. As the president of the GRANITE user group, I know how hard it is to run a user group. From what I heard, IBM is attempting to be more active and provide help for Lotus user groups.

We are fortunate here in Chicago that we have a great IBM team that helps us in our meetings that we have every other month. For the MWLUG conference last year they played an important role in making that happen. Hats off to the IBM team in Chicago and the Midwest sales reps. Reach out to the IBM sales and technical sales rep.

Business Partners play a key role in the success of a Lotus user group. However, it is important that the creation of a user group involve multiple BPs so that it is viewed not a benefit to only one BP. Sometimes this worries Lotus customers.

Many in the BOF were interested in restarting or starting a Lotus user group. There are many of us who are passionate about Lotus user groups so reach out to us and we would be glad to talk to you about it. There is going to be a Facebook for Lotus user groups. Unfortunately, I am not a Facebook user. I am on Linkedin.

The Next GRANITE meeting is coming up on February 8, 2010. So come join us in this meeting. I will be posting the agenda soon after I get back from Lotusphere. Tomorrow will be a sleep day as along I can fix a customer issue by tonight.

No comments:

CollabSphere 2022 Presentation: COL103 Advanced Automation and Cloud Service Integration for your Notes/Nomad Applications

Our presentation for CollabSphere 2022. Learn how to quickly add workflow automation into Notes/Nomad applications using No-code tools that ...