Sunday, May 14, 2017

Engage 2017 and Presentation - Unleash the Power of REST APIs with Dojo

At the beginning of this week, I was fortunate enough to attend Engage 2017. This was the first time that I had not only presented at Engage, but also attended Engage.  Theo does an amazing job in creating this premier event.  The turnout for my session, "Unleash the Power of REST APIs with Dojo"  was more than I expected.

It has been awhile since I was in Europe.  So I took a couple days off before Engage to visit Amsterdam which I have never been to and a couple days after Engage to visit Belgium.  Amsterdam, though it has a lot of history, I found it too much of a tourist trap.  After the first day, I wandered off to the outskirt of the city where there were less tourist and had great time.  I got the Amsterdam Card and got into most of the museums and places at no additional cost.  I was able to ride the metro and trams with this card at no extra charge.  However, it does not work for some buses.  The lockers in Amsterdam station are great for tourist to leave their luggage while you tour the city.  Just make sure your credit card works with the lockers, before you close it.  Also bring coins with you because water closets ( rest rooms ) are not free in the train station.

Antwerp, Belgium is a beautiful European city.  Rather than walking throughout the city, I rented a bike for the two days after Engage and biked about 140 km mostly in the countryside where I found it to be more interesting.  My adventure in Antwerpen was more of getting lost and trying to get back to the Cyclant Bike store where I rented the bike from before they close each day. Jona and Nicolas are great.  I would recommend them if you need a bike for the day.  They are located in the Antwerp Train Station.

I have enclosed a link to my presentation plus the source code for all the demos.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6tentwxi8vcwtxe/Unleash%20the%20Power%20of%20REST%20APIs%20with%20Dojo-Engage%202017.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ou0dn8u6xx6pev/Engage%202017%20-%20Demos.zip?dl=0

No comments:

CollabSphere 2022 Presentation: COL103 Advanced Automation and Cloud Service Integration for your Notes/Nomad Applications

Our presentation for CollabSphere 2022. Learn how to quickly add workflow automation into Notes/Nomad applications using No-code tools that ...