Thursday, March 31, 2011

Issues with Cloud Computing

Yesterday, was an example of an issue that I am seeing with cloud services. After finding out that my blog feed was hacked, the notified Google of the issue many times. I fixed the problem myself. Now, it has been over 24 hours and I have not received any response from Google not even an automatic email from them though I have sent them a number of notices. I see this more and more with cloud service providers. In order to keep the cost down there is next to none or no customer services people available. There is a major issue when there is a problem. If the customer is not tech savvy then what are they going to do? People have complained about the same issue with Google Apps. My enterprise customers would never tolerate this kind of inaction or lack of communication regardless on how small they are. If cloud providers do not fix this issue, then you will be seeing more and more private clouds and solutions going back to internal operations. The importance of customer services is paramount.

No comments:

CollabSphere 2022 Presentation: COL103 Advanced Automation and Cloud Service Integration for your Notes/Nomad Applications

Our presentation for CollabSphere 2022. Learn how to quickly add workflow automation into Notes/Nomad applications using No-code tools that ...