Friday, January 23, 2009

Lotusphere 2009 Decompression

Today was the first day to relax and decompress after a week of intense 14 to 16 hour days. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend many sessions with booth duty and meetings that I had with IBM. I finally can get more than four hours of sleep per day.

One of the great things about Lotusphere that I enjoy every year is meeting the developers face-to-face. The opportunity to talk to them is worth the cost of the event. I was able to also meet with other BPs and customers that I have communicated by email or phone. Some of the customers came as far as Australia and South Africa. It was great to see them face-to-face. Lotusphere is definitely as global event.

One important announcement at Lotusphere 2009 for Taishan Works is the new Branch Office version of Lotus Foundations. I have been asking this for a long time and I am glad it is finally coming. Lotus Foundations will finally meet my minimum specifications.

One great session that I was able to attend was Lance Spellman's Jump Start session on Dojomino. They are doing a great job. I did not get a chance to attend sessions on Xpages. I figure that there will be more discussions on this topic in the future.

I was frustrated by some of the arrangement that they did at Lotusphere. For exhibitors with the blue badge why did they put the username and password for Lotusphere 2009 online on their badges if they were not allow to have access. I tried three times before someone finally told me that the exhibitor badges did not work. Why not give everyone with an exhibitor badge access anyway. It is not as if it will cost IBM any more money especially since a large portion of the event is paid for by us the exhibitors.

Ben Zanders' closing presentation was incredible. I plan to get his book. I know my wife would have love to been here to listen to him. It is amazing how much energy he has.

Tomorrow, we will venture back to Chicago which I believe will be at 15 F. I am looking forward in seeing the family but sadness prevails considering the temperature in Orlando on Saturday will be 75 F.

As in previous years, we will be bring back more than we brought over to Lotusphere. Our annual collection of goodies for our GRANITE Lotus User Group giveway has been very successful. Unfortunately, that means that we will lug a huge and heavy bag back to Chicago.

See everyone back in Chicago. Remember, the GRANITE Lotus User Group is on February 9.

No comments:

CollabSphere 2022 Presentation: COL103 Advanced Automation and Cloud Service Integration for your Notes/Nomad Applications

Our presentation for CollabSphere 2022. Learn how to quickly add workflow automation into Notes/Nomad applications using No-code tools that ...